The ARMTI’s mandate includes dissemination of relevant management information that can further enhance efficient and effective management practice in the agricultural and rural sector. To fulfill this mandate, ARMTI, from time to time, publishes information from special studies, researches and annual lectures for the benefit of operators as well as policy makers in the agricultural and rural sector.
Some of these publications are available in the Publications Portal
The following are some of the publications of the Institute
Journal of Agricultural and Rural Management (JARM)
Published to enhance the performance and the ultimate development of the agricultural and rural sectors in Nigeria and other developing countries. The Journal publishes articles that address issues relating to the enhancement of the management of agricultural and rural development.
- JARM -The Nigerian Journal of Agricultural & Rural Management, Volume 1, No. 1 July – December, 1996.
- JARM -The Nigerian Journal of Agricultural & Rural Management, Volume 2, No. 1 July – December, 1997.
- JARM -The Nigerian Journal of Agricultural & Rural Management, Volume 3 & 4, No. 3 January – December, 1998.
- JARM -The Nigerian Journal of Agricultural & Rural Management, Volume 5, No. 1 January 1999.
- JARM -The Nigerian Journal of Agricultural & Rural Management, Volume 6, No. 1 July, 2003.
- JARM -The Nigerian Journal of Agricultural & Rural Management, Volume 7, No. 1 December, 2004.
- JARM -The Nigerian Journal of Agricultural & Rural Management, Volume 8, No. 1 December, 2006.
- Creating a Sustainable Organization Performance through Strategic Management Practice, by Dr.O.E.Ofoegbu. Published in 1994
- Community Mobilization for Rural Development in Bangladesh: Lesson for Nigeria. by S. O. Afolayan. Published in 1995
- Funding & Performance of Management Development Institute (MDIs) in Nigeria, by Prof Ifeyori I Ihimodu (ARMTI) Monograph Series No 3, 2005.
- The Role of Strategic Management Process (SMP) on Performance & Efficiency of Federal Parastatals in Nigeria by Samuel Taiwo Toluyemi and Titus Tunde Alegbe. (ARMTI) Monograph No. 4, 2009
- Management Development Institutes (MDIs) & the Public Service in Nigeria: Reflections of a Chief Executive of an MDI by Prof. Ifeyori Ihimodu. (ARMTI) 2001-2009.
- Performance Assessment of Rural Enterprise Groups in Benue State and the FCT of Nigeria by Dr. (Mrs.) Tope Sinkaiye and Dr. O. Windapo. Published in 2012.
Conferences / Seminars
- Environmental Issues in Agricultural and Rural Development (out of stock).
- T&V System of Managing Agricultural Extension in West Africa (out of stock)
- Communication Support to Unified Extension System (out of stock)
- Improving the Management Capabilities of Local Government: Towards Managing Agricultural & Rural Project (out of stock)
- The Role of Traditional Rulers and Local Government in Nigerian Agriculture 29th – 31st October, 1984. Published in 1986
- Financing Agricultural Development in Nigeria. Published in 1986
- Record-Keeping and Agro-statistics Data Bank in Nigeria. Proceedings of a Seminar in ARMTI on 23rd – 25th April, 1984. Published in 1986.
- Re-Positioning the Nigerian Agriculture for Expert: Challenges & Prospects,, Proceedings of a National Workshop. (ARMTI), 5th – 7th October, 2004.
- Public – Private Partnership in Commercial Agricultural in Nigeria: Issues, Constraints and Prospects. Proceedings of ARMTI National Seminar 2nd December 2010
- Challenges of Human Resources Development Sector in Nigeria (ARMTI) 4th – 7th April, 2005
- Topical Issues in the Management of Agriculture in Nigeria (Proceedings of an interactive session with Course 22 participants of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPPS) kuru, 10th July, 2000.
- Policy and Management Issues for Accelerated Transformation of ARD. Presentation at a Roundtable for Members of Senate in May 2001. Published in 2010.
- Human Resource Development Issues in Nigerian Agriculture (Proceedings of Conferences of HRD Directors). Published in 2012.
- Nigeria Agriculture and the World Bank: A Partnership for Development. Published in 1998
- Funding, Enhancing and Evaluating Manpower Development in the Agricultural Sector (out of stock)