Management of Cooperative Society for Sustainable Development (ARM254)
PREMISE: Cooperative societies have become alternatives to other financial institutions in Nigeria in the provisions of micro finance and rendering of other vital services that are germane to development. The importance of cooperative societies cannot be overemphasized; they are geared towards alleviating poverty and improving the standard of living of the people. However, most cooperative officers have inadequate skills in record keeping, loan management, fraud prevention/detection among others. Consequently, they do not achieve their goals of existence. It is therefore imperative to build the capacity of cooperative societies on specific management skills that will position cooperatives to become key players in Nigeria’s economy.
OBJECTIVES: This course therefore is designed to equip cooperators with the knowledge and skills necessary for effective management of cooperative for sustainable development. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- state the importance of networks in cooperative societies;
- list effective financial management techniques in cooperatives; and
- identify strategies for managing cooperative societies.
- Overview of Cooperative Society Movement in Nigeria.
- Networking in Cooperative Societies.
- Developing and Managing Cooperative Enterprises.
- Effective Financial Management Techniques.
- Strategic Planning in Cooperative Society Management.
- Information Management in Cooperative Societies.
- Loan Management Skills.
- Record Keeping.
- Fraud Prevention, Detection and Control in Cooperative Societies.
- Management of Interpersonal Relationships in Cooperatives.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Cooperative Projects.
TRAINING METHODS: Lecturettes, group discussions, exercises, role-play and case studies.
DURATION: One week DATE: June 25 – 29, 2018 VENUE: Ilorin CHARGES: N33,000.00 (including VAT)
DURATION: One week
DATE: June 25 – 29, 2018
CHARGES: N33,000.00 (including VAT)