Mainstreaming Gender and the Vulnerable Groups into Development Programmes (ARM252)
PREMISE: Development practitioners have recently realized that their efforts have not yielded the desired results partly due to non-involvement of women and the vulnerable groups in development programmes. Experience has shown that this is partly because their problems and needs have not been adequately addressed. This assertion is also buttressed by USAID/Nigeria Strategic Plan (2004 – 2009) where it states that, “Nigeria’s record on gender issues is weak and in need of improvement” and corroborated by the NEEDs document on the need to mainstream women into development planning as well as the emphasis placed on gender issues in other agricultural and rural based project documents. Against this backdrop, there is a need for gender considerations and involvement of the vulnerable groups in all aspects of development programmes.
OBJECTIVES: This course, therefore, is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary for gender considerations and involvement of the vulnerable groups in development programmes. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- describe basic gender and vulnerable groups concepts;
- identify gender issues in development planning;
- collect and analyze gender-disaggregated data; and
- incorporate gender and the vulnerable groups into development programmes.
- Basic gender and vulnerable groups concept
- Strategies for mainstreaming gender and the vulnerable groups into development programmes.
- Gender-awareness planning and control.
- Gender Issues in Management.
- Methods of collecting gender-disaggregated data.
- Analysis, reporting and presentation of gender statistics.
- Budgeting with Gender focus.
- Gender, vulnerable groups and advocacy.
TRAINING METHODS: Lecturettes, exercises and group discussions.
DURATION: One week DATE: June 25 – 29, 2018 VENUE: Ilorin CHARGES: N33,000.00 (including VAT)
DURATION: One week
DATE: June 25 – 29, 2018
CHARGES: N33,000.00 (including VAT)