Rural Development and Gender Issues (RUDEG)
DESCRIPTION OF RUDEG DEPARTMENT
Rural Development and Gender Issues (RUDEG) is one of the Departments in ARMTI responsible for agricultural and rural management research, training and consultancy services. The Department is equipped with skilled and dynamic facilitators highly trained in all fields of agriculture. Furthermore, the department consists of four (4) divisions which cover the following areas:
- Enterprise Development Management (EDM);
- Rural Infrastructure and Institutions Development (RIID);
- Women and Youth Development (WYD); and
- Extension Management Development (EMD)
In achieving the corporate objectives of the institute, RUDEG department collaborates with other departments in managing a social laboratory and action research project (Village Alive Development Initiative- VADI). The department, through various researches contributes to National Agricultural Policy development and implementation.
Enterprise Development Management division (EDM) is one of the divisions domiciled in Rural Development and Gender Issues (RUDEG) department. EDM is responsible for building capacity in various agricultural entrepreneurships and management. Its roles traverses research, training and advisory services. The division is equipped with seasoned and dynamic personnel with various backgrounds and specialisations in all fields of agricultural value chain.
In delivering the corporate objective of the institute, EDM synergizes with other divisions within and outside the department to ensure wholesome satisfaction of our participants. The division offers advisory services and/or regular trainings in the following (but not limited) areas:
- Management of Agricultural Commodity Value Chain for Agribusiness (ARM 255)
- Training of Trainers (ToT) for Facilitators of Value Chain Development (ARM 259)
- Management Skills Development Programme for Business Advisors on Small And Medium Scale Enterprises (ARM 269)
- Training Workshop on Management Skills Acquisition for Self Employment (ARM 212)
- Training Workshop on Rural Enterprise Development and Management (ARM 201)
- Workshop on Agro-Based Enterprise Promotion and Development (315)
- Small and Medium Enterprises Creation for Employment Generation (ARM 313)
- Risk Analysis and Management in Agribusiness (249)
- Training Workshop on Agribusiness Development and Customer Service Management (ARM 256)
The Rural Infrastructure and Institutions Development Division is domiciled in the Rural Development and Gender Issues (RUDEG) Department. The Division has four (4) staff comprising of three (3) Trainers and one (1) Secretarial staff. The division runs 8 courses as at present. The courses are detailed as follows:
|1.||ARM 216||Organization and Management of Rural Cooperatives for Poverty Alleviation Programmes|
|2.||ARM 422||Participatory Management of Agricultural and Rural Development Programmes|
|3.||ARM 102||Effective Management of Rural Infrastructure for Community Development|
|4.||ARM 343||Management Skills Development for Facilitators of Agricultural and Rural Development Programmes|
|5.||ARM 344||Workshop on Community Driven Development Approach in Agricultural and Rural Development|
|6.||ARM 350||Participatory Management of Community Development Groups/Community-Based Organizations in ARD Projects|
|7.||ARM 242||Management Grassroots Development|
|8.||ARM 254||Management of Cooperative Society for Sustainable Development|
Functions of RIID Division
Rural Infrastructure and Institutions Development do the following:
- Provide training on rural infrastructure and Institutions.
- Facilitate group formation and management trainings.
- Carry out PRA facilitation in VADI (Action Research) of the institute.
- Facilitate trainings on participatory management of community development Associations and ARD programmes in general
- Facilitate the establishment of Community Development Projects.
Extension Management Division (EMD) is one of the divisions in RUDUG responsible for dissemination of management information. It provide management training which covers the following areas: agro forestry extension management for sustainable agricultural production, strategies for conflict management in rural communities, training workshop on managing the effect of climate change in agriculture and rural development, workshop on environmental and socio economic issues in agricultural and agro-industrial and rural development, effective livestock extension methods, participatory methodologies in agricultural extension management, management of extension and advisory services. Equip with trained, skilled and highly motivated staff, the division participate in applied research, social and diagnostic studies aimed at contributing to national agricultural policy.